Enough already! Kate and William are honeymooning in Seychelles. But most of the rest of the British Royal Family chose to stay at the Beverly Wilshire, the tony hotel where Julia Roberts’ Vivan and Richard Gere’s Edward Lewis fell in love.
That’s not all that happened at this Italian Renaissance beauty that was built in 1928 when Beverly Hills had fewer than 18,000 residents. For example:
1. John Lennon checked in during a rare fight and temporary estrangement from Yoko Ono.
2. HBO’ Entourage regularly films there.
3. For years, Warren Beatty lived in the penthouse suite.
4. The family reception following Michael Jackson’s memorial service was held there.
5. Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes’ limo regularly pulls up to Cut, the hotel’s Wolfgang Puck steakhouse.
6. BFF’s Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith have been known to join them.
7. Chris Brown and Rihanna shacked up there during a brief post-arrest reconciliation.
8. Justin Timberlake got into a tiff with a photographer while staying there with Jessica Biel.
9. Dashiell Hammett wrote “The Thin Man” there.
10. In the 50’s, Elvis took up residence while shooting movies at nearby Paramount Studios.
11. Even the Dalai Lama has bunked there.
12. Lucy Lawless held her wedding reception there.
13. Socialite Barbara Hutton died of a heart attack there in May 1979.
14. Elton John, Mick Jagger and composer Andrew Lloyd Webber all called it home for long stretches.
15. Speaking of Royals, in 1998, at the height of “Titanic” hystery, the Beverly Wilshire threw a benefit for the Princess Diana Memorial Fund. It was attended by Elizabeth Taylor, Angela Lansbury, Ralph Fiennes, John Travolta and Kelly Preston, Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn, Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson and couples who have long been kaput, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, Bruce Willis and Demi Moore and Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger.
Find out more at this link: Beverly Wilshire.